Teen pageant questions are similar to those asked to the Miss girls with one exception, they will not be asked political questions. Now, if you are competing in Miss America Outstanding Teen you may get asked some light political questions on the local level and a little more intense political questions on the national level but you don’t have to worry so much about the hardliner topics of the day.
However, every system you compete in will ask you a lot about your paperwork so be aware of what you write. If you don’t want to talk about it then don’t write about it. Read, Who Should Read Your Pageant Paperwork Before You Submit It, for help on writing your pageant paperwork.
Here are a few sample teen pageant questions to cut your teeth on but my hope is that after your pageant you will come back to this forum thread to list more of the pageant questions that you were asked in interview. (Read: Most Popular Pageant Interview Questions and Answers)
Teen Pageant Questions
- How would you balance high school, and your extracurricular activities if you were to win this title? (Read: How to Easily Balance Pageant Prep with School)
- Do you have a boyfriend? What does he think about you competing in pageants? (Read: How to Minimize Pageant Boyfriend Drama)
- What would you say to people who do not believe that pageants are a good influence on women? (Read: Pageant Question about Responding to Negative Remarks About Pageants)
- Why should you be the next (insert title)? (Read: How to Answer “Why Should You Win This Pageant”)
- What makes you different from all the other girls who are competing in this pageant? (Read: How to Answer “What Makes You Different From Other Contestants”)
- How would you promote this pageant should you win? (Read: How to Market Your System)
- If you had to pick someone besides yourself to win this pageant who would it be? (I hate this question but it gets asked)
- Tell us about a time when you overcame defeat? (Read: How To Answer, What Has Been Your Hardest Challenge In Life)
- Do you think that social media has helped or hurt our society? (Read: How to Answer Social Media Pageant Question)
- Who is your role model? (Read: How to Be a Role Model)
- If you could meet one celebrity who would it be?
- If you could meet anyone from history who would it be and why? (Read: How to Answer Question About Meeting Someone from History)
- What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you? (Read: How to Answer Question About Your Most Embarrassing Moment)
- They will always ask you about your most interesting facts. Make sure you have a good (funny or sad) story to describe your talent or fact. (Read: What Interesting Facts Should You Use for Pageant Resume)
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
- What is your biggest fear? (Read: How to Answer Question About Your Biggest Fear)
- Do you have any unique family traditions? (Read: How to Answer Questions About Family Traditions)
- What inspired you to want to be a (fill in the blank)? [This is asked if you have stated your college plans and occupational dream]
- What inspired you to create or promote your platform? (Read: How to Answer Questions About Promoting Your Platform)
- If I was a genie in a bottle and could grant you any wish what would it be? (You better say, “That I win this crown!”)
- How did you prepare for this pageant? (Read: How to Answer Pageant Question About Pageant Preparation)
- Are you sexy or classy? (Read: What is Too Sexy For a Pageant Queen?)
- What is one thing that you would change about yourself? (Read: How to Answer Pageant Question About Change)
- What would you do to make the school more environmentally friendly? (by Emily Boaz) (Read: How to Answer Pageant Question About the Environment)
- If you were judging this pageant, what characteristics would you look for when choosing the winner? (by Amanda Armstrong) (Read: How to Answer Pageant Question About Titleholder Characteristics)
- Know your pageant controversy (news controversy not gossip controversy) It’s very likely that you will be asked your opinion concerning the latest scandal.
- Click to read 233 more teen pageant questions!
Teen Pageant Interview Tips
I will leave you with this…as I judge I really could care less what you say in response to my questions. If you want to win me over do so by HOW you say it. Use charisma, flirt, be witty, and don’t take yourself too seriously. Being “professional” and serious is boring and will cause you to blend in with the sea of pretty faces.
What other teen pageant questions were you asked in your pageant interview or what other questions would you ask? Write them in the comment box below so that together we can give Pageant Planet teens the advantage. To gain access to over 200 more free practice interview questions click “Pageant Questions”
Pageant questions are great. However, the interview room is more than just blank questions with rehearsed answers. You’ve got to learn how to read judges and interact in a way that is memorable. Let us help you win interview and succeed in pageantry by becoming a VIP Girl.
Photo Credit: Miss America