Nina Davuluri, born April 20, 1989, Miss America 2014, is the first Indian American (and second Asian American) to be chosen as Miss America. She was the first to perform a Bollywood dance on the Miss America stage. She is also the first Miss America to receive xenophobic comments about being a terrorist or Muslim extremist, as well as being of Indian heritage, on social media.
About Nina Davuluri
- Date of Birth: 04/20/1989
- Location: Syracuse, NY, U.S.
- Height: 5' 7"
- Pageant Platform: Celebrating Diversity Through Cultural Competency
- Talent: Classical Bollywood Fusion
- College Major: Brain, Behavior & Cognitive Science
- - Indian American to win Miss America
- - First contestant to do a Bollywood dance on the Miss America stage.
Pageants Nina Davuluri Won
Nina Davuluri in the news
- Top 10 Pageant Talents Of All Time
- Top 10 Pageant Emcees of 2017
- What Pageant Should You Compete in Based on Your Dress Size?
- 7 Things You Want to Say in Pageant Interview But Never Do
- Top 10 Pageant Designers of 2016
- Golden Globes 2017 Trends We’ll Look for in Pageants This Year
- Should You Perform a Traditional or Nontraditional Talent?
- 5 Ways to Make Your Traditional Pageant Talent Stand Out
- 10 Pageant Girls Who Have Changed the World
- How to Select the Perfect Gown Based on Your Pageant System
- Nina Davuluri Miss America 2014 Appearance Wear: HIT or MISS?
- Miss America 2014 Appearance Wear: HIT or MISS?
- Miss America, Nina Davuluri: HIT or MISS?
- Miss America 2014: HIT or MISS?
- How Tall Do You Have To Be To Compete In Pageants?
- Miss America Questions