Leftovers are just a fact of life in the week after Thanksgiving. Rather than eating turkey sandwiches for the next week, you should try something more exciting!
Having variety in your diet is important not only for your nutrition but for your mental health as you prepare for your pageant. According to LiveStrong.com, having variety in your diet prevents you from getting bored of your meals and makes you more likely to stick to a healthy lifestyle.
Mix things up with this fun turkey nachos recipe! You can even make this recipe low carb by opting to skip the tortilla chips. Do you have a creative way you like to enjoy your holiday leftovers? Let us know in the comments below!
The Best Way to Eat Your Leftover Turkey
- Enough tortilla chips to fill the bottom of your baking pan (skip these for a low carb snack)
- 2 cups leftover turkey, chopped and pulled
- 2-3 cups shredded colby jack or cheddar cheese (depends on how cheesy you want it)
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup white onion, chopped
- ⅛ cup green onion, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tsp taco seasoning
- Preheat your oven to low broil.
- Fill the bottom of a baking pan with tortilla chips. Add the turkey and then the cheese evenly on top of the chips.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes, green onions, white onions and jalapeños on top.
- Drizzle with Sriracha and sprinkle with the taco seasoning.
- Broil for 4-8 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the outside chips/cheeses are starting to turn a nice golden brown color.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool a few minutes, and serve while cheese is still stringy and melty. Enjoy it messy!
Having a healthy diet isn’t the only way you’ll get a crown winning body. It takes an amazing training program as well! Talk to one of our Personal Trainers to get started ASAP.